Saturday, January 7, 2012

Math Work Stations

One area of focus for me this year as a teacher is Math.  I read Debbie Diller's Math Work Stations, Guided Math, some of the Number Sense Routines, and Math Exchanges.  I really think these books are a great package of information and each seems to dive into an area all their own, but is connected beautifully to the whole picture of differentiating for our learners in a very intentional way. 

Guided Math: A Framework for Mathematics Instruction               






I also wanted to share a site that I often refer to as I brainstorm my work stations.  It is helpful for materials and games.Math Teaching Resources



math manipulatives and books sorted by concept

Once I feel more confident and sure of my management of Math Work Stations and Guided Math, I want to learn more about using Literature in Math. 

What do you do to incorporate Literature into Math? 

No comments:

Post a Comment